Monday, July 22, 2013

Newly Thirty

I had a first since I turned the big 3-0 the other day.  I had someone ask me how old I was.  I just sat there....mumbling...trying to get my brain to tell my mouth how to answer.  I even looked at my friend Cary for help.  I finally said...well more like yelled...THIRTY! 

Ok...so I'm still not quite used to it.

But it ain't so bad!  Really, I'm enjoying it!  A lot of that has had to do with some lifestyle changes I have made and continue to make (more of that in a different post).  I have had every intention since my big birthday bash to blog on a regular basis but life kind of got in the way.  For the past 3 months or so I've been putting in 15-20 hours a week at my second job.  No that is not normal.  The  manager of the store I work at has been really sick, so I pitched in to help cover her 40 hours per week.  It's all over now, she's back, but during that time, it was tough.  But also it helped me so much!  Being surrounded by wonderful Christian ladies (I know...in retail...unbelievable!) made me actually look forward to going to work and those 12-14 hour days more enjoyable (my 8 hours at my full time job plus 4-5 hours at my second job).  My mind and soul did, but my body did not.  That was my main struggle.  Working 8 hours can be grueling yes, but it's just mind grueling.  Working retail for multiple hours is grueling mentally and physically!  My body was stubborn, but it finally relented and adapted.  I ended up losing some weight.   I'm down a whole pant size and wearing dresses I haven't worn in three years.  Yay...go me!

But now that I'm done...I'm scared to death!  I'm not going to be running 24/7 like some maniac.  So I'm going to have to actually make myself workout.  THE NERVE!  But it must be done.  I bought an elliptical today...and used it!  Ok...I'm getting ahead of myself...that's all for another post.

So moving on to being newly 30...

Not much has changed.  I haven't noticed a change in what I want in life.  Besides the obvious (a husband), I've also found  myself longing for my own home.  A home that has a porch....with chairs...and a porch swing...that overlooks private property.  To feel the breeze and smell the fresh air.  I live in a great place.  I absolutely love my place.  It's small.  I can vacuum the whole place from one outlet and have it all cleaned in a couple of hours (BAM!).  I have caring neighbors who I love dearly and it's quiet and private.  But I have no deck...or porch...  I have  garage that I could open and sit in I guess but that's not as charming!  I'm a country girl...not a redneck.  ;-) So yeah, there's that.

Oh did I mention that I still cry when I leave my parents house.  Yep...I'm a thirty year old adult and still cry when I leave my mommy and daddy.  I can't help it.  They love me too much!  And spoil me.  And my niece is typically there.  And I love her too much. *sigh*

Be looking for some cool things coming up.  The Lord has been working on me and speaking with me and I've got a project in mind. I'm still praying about it.  It's nothing profound.  But something to help me and my friends (old and new). 

And cue the music...He's still working on me...To make me what I ought to be...

Oh...I need a blog name.  Any suggestions?  I did Untitled b/c I will be writing about anything and everything.  So yeah.  I thought it was clever at first.  But now I think it just looks like it's unfinished. Hmmm...

Until next time...

Ta Ta!!! 

P.S. Sorry I don't have any cute pictures or videos.  Just words this time.

1 comment:

  1. Coming up with a blog name is the HARDEST part. I hated it. I was thinking of names for months before I ever actually settled on one and started blogging.

    I've got house fever, too. I mean, there's only so much decorating you can do in a tiny little apartment....sigh. I scour Trulia and Zillow like, daily, even though we're nowhere near ready to buy a house.

    ReplyDelete